Steven Abraham has over 35 years experience in management consulting, IT services, technology, media, entertainment, communications and related investment advisory. Steve is currently a Managing Principal in TechPar Group, with overall responsibility for TPG’s practice in the West.
Steve also serves as Executive-in-Residence for the $2B hedge fund, Matrix Capital Management LP, focusing on public company investments in media/entertainment and technology, including cloud, analytics, security, distributed computing and genomics.
Steve previously was a VP/general manager with IBM’s Global Business Services, responsible for the global Media/Entertainment consulting and SI business. Prior to IBM he was Global Managing Partner of the Entertainment, Media and Communications industry consulting practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting.
Mr. Abraham holds an MS in Computer Science from UCLA where he was a Regent’s Fellow, and a BS in Math/Computer Science from UCSB where he graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa.
Craig Hamer leads TechPar’s Financial Services Practice after serving as one of PwC’s most experienced partners with over 40 years’ experience mostly gained in the Financial Services sector. He has worked in Asia, Europe and North America. Craig has held many important positions in the PwC and has been a senior partner for some of the their largest and most prestigious clients including HSBC, National Australia Bank, Mizuho, AIA, AMP. He has extensive experience in managing large global teams and running global businesses. He is a highly skilled and knowledgeable advisor to leading financial institutions and their boards. He was recently Chairman of PwC’s Global Financial Services Innovation Centre.
His experience includes:
- Leading large international financial services teams.
- Clear strategic thinker having developed global strategies that are challenging but importantly pragmatic and achievable.
- Developed financial services innovations for PwC for global use to help serve the future needs of clients including digital solutions.
- Led many assignments in the risk and regulatory arena including forensic reviews, remediation and strategic positioning for new regulatory impacts.
- Advised senior executive teams and governance boards on a range of strategic and commercial issues.
Craig was a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. He is a graduate of Swinburne University in Melbourne Australia. He has participated in and designed many PwC training courses. After nearly 30 years as a partner at PwC he held many senior management and Board positions including the Global Financial Services Advisory leader for 6 years
Stanley Stern offers clients the benefit of 25 years of experience in Financial Services, with a focus on Regulatory Compliance.
Stanley’s skills and experience include:
- Chief Compliance Officer for a Broker Dealer and Electronic Communications Network (ECN):
- Managed all regulatory interaction, exams, inquiries, reviews, and audits for BD and ECN (including SEC, FINRA, Exchanges and State Security Commissions)
- Developed AML Program to ensure compliance with all applicable OFAC, FinCEN, BSA and AML regulations
- Subject Matter Expert, providing guidance & support for Regulator ordered AML/KYC remediation project at a major international banking client.
- Senior management roles including, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating officer for a Market Data Vendor.
Mr. Stern holds a BBA degree, Magna Cum Laude, and all coursework for an MBA in Marketing Management from Baruch College. Formerly registered with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7, 62, 63 and 24; Member of Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS); and a Certified Anti–Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)