Steven Abraham has over 40 years experience in management consulting, IT services, systems integration and operational improvement in numerous industries, including technology, media, entertainment, communications, retail and consumer products. Since 2013, Steve has served as Managing Principal in TechPar Group, with overall responsibility for TPG’s practice in the West.
Steven also serves as a Senior Advisor for several hedge funds, including the $3B+ fund run by Matrix Capital Management LP, and Dockyard Capital Management, focusing largely on public company investments in media, entertainment, communications, consumer products and technology.
From 2002-2012, Steven was a VP/general manager with IBM’s Global Business Services, responsible for the Global Media/Entertainment management consulting and SI business.
From 1981-2002, Steven played increasingly senior roles for Pricewaterhouse Coopers consulting, serving from 1994-2002 as Global Managing Partner of the Entertainment, Media and Communications consulting practice.
Prior to PwCC, Mr. Abraham managed software development at Xerox Systems Development, a key member of a group that collaborated with Xerox’s famed Palo Alto Research Center (Xerox PARC) to pioneer products that formed much of the foundation for today’s digital consumer services and the Internet.
Mr. Abraham holds an MS in Computer Science from UCLA where he was a Regent’s Fellow, and a BS in Math/Computer Science from UCSB where he graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa.
Craig Hamer leads TechPar’s Financial Services Practice after serving as one of PwC’s most experienced partners with over 40 years’ experience mostly gained in the Financial Services sector. He has worked in Asia, Europe and North America. Craig has held many important positions in the PwC and has been a senior partner for some of the their largest and most prestigious clients including HSBC, National Australia Bank, Mizuho, AIA, AMP. He has extensive experience in managing large global teams and running global businesses. He is a highly skilled and knowledgeable advisor to leading financial institutions and their boards. He was recently Chairman of PwC’s Global Financial Services Innovation Centre.
His experience includes:
- Leading large international financial services teams.
- Clear strategic thinker having developed global strategies that are challenging but importantly pragmatic and achievable.
- Developed financial services innovations for PwC for global use to help serve the future needs of clients including digital solutions.
- Led many assignments in the risk and regulatory arena including forensic reviews, remediation and strategic positioning for new regulatory impacts.
- Advised senior executive teams and governance boards on a range of strategic and commercial issues.
Craig was a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. He is a graduate of Swinburne University in Melbourne Australia. He has participated in and designed many PwC training courses. After nearly 30 years as a partner at PwC he held many senior management and Board positions including the Global Financial Services Advisory leader for 6 years
Stanley Stern offers clients the benefit of 25 years of experience in Financial Services, with a focus on Regulatory Compliance.
Stanley’s skills and experience include:
- Chief Compliance Officer for a Broker Dealer and Electronic Communications Network (ECN):
- Managed all regulatory interaction, exams, inquiries, reviews, and audits for BD and ECN (including SEC, FINRA, Exchanges and State Security Commissions)
- Developed AML Program to ensure compliance with all applicable OFAC, FinCEN, BSA and AML regulations
- Subject Matter Expert, providing guidance, support and team management for Regulator ordered AML/KYC remediation and Internal Audit projects at major international banking clients.
- Senior management roles including, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating officer for a Market Data Vendor.
Mr. Stern holds a BBA degree, Magna Cum Laude, and all coursework for an MBA in Marketing Management from Baruch College. Formerly registered with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7, 62, 63 and 24; Member of Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS); and a Certified Anti–Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)